HOW TO RESOLVE CONFLICT
1. STOP. Don't let the conflict get worse. The less angry you are, the easier it will be to solve the problem.
2. SAY what the conflict is about. What is causing the disagreement? What does each of you want or not want?
3. THINK of positive options. How could you meet each other's needs and be fair?
4. CHOOSE a positive option each of you can agree on.
5. If you still can't agree, ask someone else (an outsider, such as a teacher or an administrator) to help resolve the conflict.
- Agree to resolve the conflict.
- No name calling.
- Take turns talking. Don't interrupt.
- Be clear and truthful about what is bothering you and what you really need.